The 1990 founded Ausländerrat Dresden is advocating for people with a migration background in Dresden. The aim of its work is the support of the cultural, social and political integration of migrants and the strengthening of their self-representation. The international meeting center (IBZ – Internationales Begegnungszentrum) is home to a counselling center for migrants and offers rooms for the mobile counselling project for refugees and for childcare and youth services.
We regulary host cultural events, discussion evenings, language and drum courses as much as sports or music activities in the IBZ. The Ausländerrat Dresden is the coordinator of the intercultural days and the commemoration ceremony for Jorge Gomondai that take place once a year. With our project “overcoming barriers” we visit schools to talk to students about issues like migration, refuge and racism. We also offer homework support to children and adolescents.
Our members come from over 25 countries, additionaly the work of the association is enriched by people of other cultures.
- to build a relationship that is affected by understandig and acceptance between the different nationalities and cultures domestic in Dresden
- to hold a position of responsibility and to increase public awareness of problems migrants have to deal with
- a modern demogratic integration policy in Dresden
- to break down prejudices and reduce violance against migrants
- to fight against racism, discrimination and war policy
We speak the following languages:
Arabic, Azerbaijanian, German, English, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Hungarian, Vietnamese